Good Luck
Redskins!

liberalfirstlongoriginal
Sunday
January 26th, 2020

ELLY GRIMM • Leader & Times

 

A family was displaced from its home due to a fire late Monday evening, according to a release from Liberal Fire Chief Kelly Kirk. 

“At 11:01 p.m. Monday the Liberal Fire Department was dispatched to 612 E. Curtis St. for a report of smoke from a clothes dryer and the home filling with smoke,” Kirk’s release noted. “The first units arriving on scene reported smoke issuing from the garage and front doors with a working fire in the basement laundry room. They were also informed that all occupants and pets had been safely evacuated. The fire was quickly extinguished and salvage and overhaul operations began immediately. The fire was contained to the laundry room. However the entire residence suffered smoke damage and a melted water line in the space between the first floor and basement caused water damage to multiple rooms.  The fire is believed to be accidental caused by a malfunction of the clothes dryer. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, but the home was rendered uninhabitable and family was displaced. All units were returned to service at 1:29 a.m.”

The Liberal Fire Department responded with a total of 12 personnel and two engines, according to Kirk’s release, and also assisting at the scene were the Liberal Police Department, the Liberal Water Department, Black Hills Energy, Southern Pioneer Electric and the American Red Cross.

Log in

Pick your language/Elige su idioma