• Special to the Leader & Times
State Representative Shannon Francis, Liberal, has been appointed to the Joint Legislative Transportation Vision Task Force by Kansas Speaker of the House, Ron Ryckman.
Representative Francis is vice chairman of the House Transportation Committee and serves on the Tax and Water and Environment Committees.
The Joint Legislative Transportation Vision Task Force was created by the Legislature to:
- Evaluate the progress of the 2010 Transportation Works for Kansas program to date;
- Evaluate the current system condition of the state transportation system;
- Solicit local input on uncompleted and future projects;
- Evaluate current uses of State Highway Fund dollars, including fund transfers for other purposes outside of infrastructure improvements;
- Evaluate current transportation funding in Kansas to determine whether it is sufficient;
- Identify additional necessary transportation projects, especially projects with a direct effect on the economic health of Kansas and its residents;
- Make recommendations regarding the needs of the transportation system over the next 10 years and beyond;
- Make recommendations on the future structure of the State Highway Fund as it relates to maintaining the state infrastructure system.
Recommendations from the task force will be reported to the Legislature no later than Jan. 30, 2019.