Good Luck
Redskins!

Thursday
August 13th, 2020

ROBERT PIERCE • Leader & Times

 

The cause of a fire Tuesday in north Liberal was ruled as electrical in nature.

Liberal Deputy Fire Chief Skeety Poulton said units from the fire department responded to a residential fire call shortly before 4:30 p.m.  Tuesday at 1210 N. Carlton.

“First arriving units reported light smoke showing from the roof vents and immediately started investigating,” he said in a press release. “Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera and were eventually able to locate a smoldering fire in the attic, and the fire was quickly extinguished.”

Poulton said firefighters checked for extension of the fire in the ceilings of adjacent rooms and found no extension.

“Damage was limited to two rooms and the attic space,” he said. “No civilian injuries are reported in this incident.”

Poulton said firefighters remained on scene until shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday conducting an on-scene investigation. The cause of the fire has been determined as electrical in nature.

The Liberal Fire Department responded to the incident with 15 firefighters, two engines and two light support vehicles. The Liberal Police Department and Seward County EMS responded to the incident as well.

Log in

Pick your language/Elige su idioma